welcome friends

I'm hoping you will enjoy reading the journey to healing. If one person can get something life changing from my story, then I will be happy.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

To fight or not to fight that is the question

   Interesting title right? Well mostly I'm talking about the fight I have with myself. I still have a lot of inner struggles. I can go along for awhile and feel pretty good. Then life starts to happen and I get all crazy inside myself. Mike and I have our ups and downs like everyone. We had some downs over the last few days. We weren't seeing eye to eye on something. The subject matter hit me at my core. It went against how I was brought up. So no matter what I couldn't make it okay within me. He saw no problem, so there we are. We now have a problem!!! I think over the last 6 months or so we have taken a turn in our relationship. Things haven't been the same. Everyone goes through these kinds of times. But in my trying to work on me and him sitting in his I don't know what, we are losing us. That is something I never thought would happen. So feeling like that and add an argument to it. Well it turns into an ugly situation. We say all kinds of stuff to each other, which cuts deeply. So that of course isn't helping us to feel very close to each other. It's only making us further apart. Needless to say the other night I had another wild nightmare. Death stays on my mind. It sounds bad I know. But lately with things being how they are I'm always thinking to myself is it all worth it? Well the dream I had was basically me fighting to stay alive. Someone who I did not know was trying to kill me. I was fighting with all I had. I was being cut during my struggles. I ran and still managed to end up where this man was. My dream switched to a woman who was picking up where this man left off. She caught me and was restraining me by laying her body on top of me so I couldn't move. I could literally feel the weight on me. I couldn't move. She was getting ready to kill me and I woke up. I felt the weight on my chest and I was soaked with sweat. These things are so real. Last night I was scared to go to sleep. When I'm under some sort of stress in my life, I become a target for these horrible things. My workbook says they are scary passengers on the bus I drive. The bus is my life, I drive it ( or steer where my life will go). These thoughts, feelings, fears all of the aspects that come with the trauma (they are the passengers). When these passengers get so loud and scary I steer the bus in the wrong direction. Once I get lost, it takes me a bit to find my way again. I can tell you that driving through the bad part of town is no fun. It just keeps the fear and anxiety alive. So the reason for my title is, do I fight or not fight? I know the answer is that I need to. It's just that it takes a lot of energy and strength. Sometimes I feel like I don't have any left. Maybe I should have posted on here sooner. But sometimes I don't want to seem like I have lost my mind. Because it feels like it. I guess that is all I wanted to get out for now. I'm going to try to push through my day. I will post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment