welcome friends

I'm hoping you will enjoy reading the journey to healing. If one person can get something life changing from my story, then I will be happy.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The last night continued

7/3/11
 
As I said that night was the last time I would ever see my kids. I went home after dropping them off. I waited around for a while and my 1st husband never came home from work. He was several hours late. So I got mad. I called the person that I was seeing and left the house. I guess my husband was already having some sort of plan in his head that I heard about from people later. So I went out angry and knew I was going to be gone for at least most of the night. We had some nasty exchanges on the phone through the night. He would ask me where I was, and I would lie about it. It got to a point where I was so sick and tired of the whole thing that I told him who I was with. And probably the most destructive statement, I want a divorce! That sparked off a whirlwind of anger in him. You see this was his biggest fear. He was worried I would leave him. He told me that once. He kept calling me and yelling, so I turned my phone off. I stayed out all night. At 6:30am I turned my phone back on and listened to the messages he left me. VERY ANGRY!!!!! He was yelling in most of the messages. I knew I had to go home to face an arguement. But I had no idea what was waiting for me. I spoke to him and told him I was on my way home. He was extremely calm. Which I found to be wierd. I told him we had alot to talk about. Because I was really done with him. He agreed and said yeah we do. Then he asked if the person I was with was a good friend to me. I was caught off guard. I said I guess. He said thats good, because your going to need a friend. He asked where I was. I told him I was about 6 miles from home. He said ok I'll be hanging around waiting for you. We hung up. I thought for a second, wow this is really not right. Something sounds so wrong. So I called right back. I said are you ok? He was like yeah. I said what about the kids? He said they are fine. I said well I don't want to come home. Something seems not right. He said don't worry I'm not going to hurt you, I'll just be hanging around waiting for you. So I went home. When I pulled up to my house I saw his truck crashed through my front gate. Which was very strange. I walked up my steps to the front door. The door was cracked open. But I could see that he had drilled screws in the door to seal it closed. He had ripped it open from the door frame so I could get in. When I pushed the door open it was the most awful sight. One of my cats was dead at the doorway. It had been decapitated. I had to step over him to get in. My dog was dead in a sitting position leaned against my couch. Our childrens framed pictures that hung on the wall, was now shoved through the wall. A ladder was knocked over and fell on my computer desk. And there he was in my livingroom in front of our daughters' bedroom. He really was hanging. I was in total shock!!!! I tried to lift him up to take him down. But 180 pounds dead weight hanging was too heavy for me. I called 911. They told me not to touch anything. So I backed out of the house and stood on my porch. Now my house was full of police, fire rescue, an ambulance. There were people everywhere. I had called my parents. They were there. We were in the front yard and I got worried about the kids. As I said they weren't supposed to be home. My dad went to see about them. They were only just down the street. He came back without them. But he didn't really talk to me. He went to the porch and spoke to the police. I asked about the kids, he said you need to leave right now. I was crying and said no. He looked at my mom and said get her out of here now! So we left and went to their house. I waited for what seemed to be forever. My brother came down the driveway. He jumped out of his truck and told his kids to get in the truck. They did. Then he yelled at me while he was crying and said your kids are dead, and it's all your fault. I was in shock. At this time my dad had come back. I said dad is it true? He said yes wendy it is. They are dead. I fell to the ground yelling NO THIS CAN'T BE TRUE!!!!!! Everything after that became a bad dream that I couldn't wake up from. Police questioning me, having to make phone calls to family members. It was all horrible. Come to find out, he had picked the kids up really late and took them home. He waited for them to be in their beds. And he cut heir throats. My son however was not asleep. He fought his dad. The report said he had defensive cuts on his arms. He actually had two wounds on his neck. I didn't know they were home. So I never thought to look anywhere else in the house. They were right there in their bedrooms. I had no idea. He had left me a message on our answering machine. So I heard his voice tell me this..... I wish you could have heard our son's last breaths. It was so touching. How sick and twisted is that? The funeral home director told me that he strongly advised I don't see my kids. He said they looked very bad. It had to be bad. Police officers went into my house and came back out throwing up.This has been very hard. It has been hard to write this. It is very difficult for me to know people are going to read this. But this is why I have been having such a difficult time living my life. See my husband also told me I could go on and have other children. That noone else would raise ours. I left out one detail. He tape recorded that night. The police said he tried to get it all on tape. They said at one point he sounded posessed. Even though I didn't see the kids, I have enough details that I can visualize it. So that is what my nightmares are made up of. Or that because I was left behind, he is going to kill me next. I wake up panicked. I think sometimes it is more of a torture being left behind. So thats the last night. By the way my husband did this on his 36th birthday. Hows that for a birthday bash. I hope you will all continue to follow this. I will keep posting. There is more to my story. This was the main event. I have to stop now. It's hard to get myself together after I share my story. Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment