welcome friends

I'm hoping you will enjoy reading the journey to healing. If one person can get something life changing from my story, then I will be happy.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Helping a friend & enjoying my kids

10/19/11
   
I know it's been a few days since I blogged. I was just checking in on my stats and thought I would post. I am happy I could be there for someone who is having a hard time today. A friend of mine got word last night that her father-in-law has 3-6 months to live. Cancer. Very sad. She was trying to have a birthday party/ sleepover for her daughter when she received this news. So today I just sat with her and let her cry and talk. Sometimes that is really all we can do is just be present for someone in need. It will be hard for them with the holidays coming up and having that in your mind. I told her I would only be a phone call away if she needed me as a listening ear. I have a lot of listening ears through my blog. It has helped me a lot. So I don't mind helping someone else. I go to therapy tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. I haven't been in a while. I'm sure I will have some good stuff to share in the next day or two. All is well in my house at the moment. Our situation is still the same, but we are trying to live one day at a time. The kids are out for fall break. So I look forward to spending time with them. They were so silly last night. They made a tent in the living room out of sheets. Then they made a pillow trail across the whole floor. They were jumping from one to the other and laughing like crazy. It was refreshing even though my living room was a mess. Their laughter is great. That is the stuff that makes for a good life. I hope all of you reading this have taken some time out of the day to enjoy something. Even if it's just a smile on a loved ones face. I'll post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment