welcome friends

I'm hoping you will enjoy reading the journey to healing. If one person can get something life changing from my story, then I will be happy.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

New life

8/12/11
  
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I had alot going on. I wanted to pick up where I left off. When my current husband (mike) came to Alabama to get me, I still had a strong pull from the man who had me hooked on drugs. He was trying hard to get me to stay. I agreed to meet him one last time before I left. Mike got in the car with me. That was not my plan. Needless to say I was a little annoyed. But it was a good thing. If he hadn't been with me who knows what would have happened. Mike was rushing me to cut this meeting short. He was saying we needed to go. The man I was meeting was upset I brought Mike with me. So he didn't want to talk long anyway. If Mike wasn't with me to help me move I may have never left Alabama. I could have been dead or in jail due to the drugs and bad influences of the people I had been around. Looking back on it that day he was trying to save the life of a friend(me). We made a few detours during our trip to Ft. Lauderdale. One in particular was a day in Orlando. We went to universal studios. I had never been. Mike wanted for us to do that. He thought it would be fun. When I tell you it was the best time, I really mean it. I was starting to look at my friend with different eyes. This man was the easiest person to be with. He made me laugh again. I was actually able to go somewhere public without being embarrased by the person I was with. We had already been talking alot on our trip. But we talked alot more in the hotel room we had. And just really had fun at the park. There was a very intense connection forming between us. By the time we made it to my friend Lori's, I think Mike and I both knew that we didn't really want our developing relationship to stop. But neither one of us ever said that out loud. As a matter of fact we didn't talk about being together. We didn't have to. We were both feeling it. Could I really be having feelings for someone so soon after the tragedy? Was that wrong? Maybe to some people. But for me, I had several years toward the end with my first husband that really destroyed my feelings for him. I had fallin out of love with him well before the incident. I loved my first husband, but wasn't in love with him anymore. So to me the feelings I was starting to have for Mike was so nice. I felt like my heart was coming alive. It was the first time since all of the mess in my first relationship that I felt alive. I could actually have feelings again. That thought alone was enough for me to keep going everyday to see where it would take me. This man was saving my life and I now wanted to be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment