welcome friends

I'm hoping you will enjoy reading the journey to healing. If one person can get something life changing from my story, then I will be happy.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Staying positive

 1/4/12
  
I got to make it to therapy yesterday. The kids had a dentist appointment at the same time. So Mike went with me. She didn't have my new plan ready yet. That is okay, she always has something good in store for me. We did however talk a little bit about flashbacks. I still haven't fully addressed that subject. I agree with the things we talked about. I have to put in to play a plan on how to get back to the present when that happens. For the most part I already try to do that. But I still haven't mastered the skills I need to pull myself out. So I have a paper with a basic plan written on it that I can go over. It is one more tool for my tool kit. I had an idea yesterday. I was thinking I want some kind of organized files for my tool kit. And label things according to what problem it addresses. That way when I get into some trouble, or just need to refresh myself on something I don't have to fumble through all of my papers. I have to get organized. Also another aspect of my treatment will focus on self care. I have to admit that I don't always do so good at that. We talked about how women especially tend to do for everyone else and leave themselves out. I have begun some things for me. Like this blog and my walks with Brutus. I just need to implement a few more things to really take care of me. I almost forgot, she gave me a great gift yesterday. As part of my sessions sometimes she puts on a cd of the most beautiful relaxing music. I really love it. She got me my own copy for home. I was surprised. But most importantly, I am so happy!!!!! That will be part of my relaxation technique for unwinding. I was very happy to see my therapist yesterday. I know one day my therapy will stop, but it really has been a life saver. They say things happen for a reason. I guess my meltdown was good, it landed me in her office. I am getting more grounded. I guess that will be where I leave off for now. I need to do some work in my workbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment