welcome friends

I'm hoping you will enjoy reading the journey to healing. If one person can get something life changing from my story, then I will be happy.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

No time apart

8/19/11
  
So as I said we moved to georgia. I had no job and neither did Mike. We helped out with the family business. So I have to say we spent alot of time together. We were together 24/7. I loved every moment I spent with Mike. It was so easy to be with him. Mike and I helped run a jetski rental business. So we spent time on the lake as well as our car,making deliveries. We were having a blast. It had to be the first time that I could be with someone so much and not be ready to wring their neck. I also was trying to deal some with the loss. Music helped alot then. Alot of Kid Rock and Train. This went on until summer ended. During that time Mike had asked me if I was willing to be his long time girlfriend with no hopes of marriage. I laugh about that now. But at the time I said sure. I just had a 14 year marriage blow up. He had a rough time with his first marriage also. So this was a fine arrangement. I had my share of nightmares during this time, and lots of crying. But I seemed to focus on my relationship with Mike more than the loss. It was easier to push that pain down than to fully feel it. So this started to become a way of life for me. If the pain rose to the surface I would feel it for a bit and then try to redirect my focus. I learned how to push it deep down. Well it didn't take long for Mike to ask me to marry him. I was caught by surprise. I didn't expect it this soon. We were both nervous about trusting someone. But we also couldn't deny that the relationship we were developing was so much more than we could have hoped for. We were best friends!!!! He was the only person I wanted to be with. So I said yes in an instant. What most people don't understand is the fact we were dating 24/7. We were never apart. So we fit alot of dating into a short time. The time we spent together would have taken most people quite awhile to do. Remember I said Lori was my voice of reason. So she had things to say about us moving so fast. Basicly everyone did. They all had good intensions. I had been through a horrible ordeal. Mike had been divorced for about 2 years. I didn't care what anyone said. We made each other happy. We got together July 17, 2003, and got married October 27, 2003. We have been together ever since. I will post more later. The story of my road to healing is going to get more intense from here on out so please keep following.

No comments:

Post a Comment