welcome friends

I'm hoping you will enjoy reading the journey to healing. If one person can get something life changing from my story, then I will be happy.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Feeling better

 9/23/11
  
Sorry I didn't blog yesterday. I had my session. It went well. My Therapist is wonderful. I was able to get out a few things that has been causing me some stress. We talked about the thought process and what to do when unwanted thoughts or flashbacks come up. She gave me some more tools for my tool kit. I think it will be good. I was getting depressed I think because I was settling in to those negative thoughts and feelings. The cage of guilt was locked and I didn't let myself out. We also did some relaxation exercises before we were done. They really do help. My husband and I felt better. We went to Hobby Lobby afterwards and spent time just looking around at stuff. It was nice. We went to the kids school last night for a math program. Our little boy was one of two helpers to open the program with the pledge. He cried. It was cute. He gets stage fright every time he does something in front of a large group. Mike and I at the end part of the program were part of the adults to blow bubbles on the children (we were dream angels). It was great! I was living in the moment. When our son went to bed he said I hope I have good dreams. Do bubbles really do that mom? I said sure. The innocence of children, what a great thing that is. I went for a walk by myself with my dog last night. That too was really nice. I didn't have to think about anything. Just looking at how happy my dog was to be going for a walk. That's all I needed. Times are hard for us. We are having some financial stress. But most people are. I was able to let all of my stress go. I slept well last night. Keep moving forward!!!! I have to push myself. That's another thing I love about my therapist. She is very honest and straight forward. She keeps me moving. So on that note I will go forward with my day. Hope you all smile some today. Enjoy what you have. Live in the moment!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment