welcome friends

I'm hoping you will enjoy reading the journey to healing. If one person can get something life changing from my story, then I will be happy.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Story

6/24/11

In 1989 I married a man 5 years my elder. I was 16yrs. old. Looking back now (what was I thinking?). Anyway, He had a personality that was larger than life. Very attention oriented. And not always good attention. So I had to learn real fast how to control my environment so it didn't spin out of control. Alot of times it still did. But if it weren't for me it would have been worse. I married a recovering drug addict. And he didn't stay clean. Being 16 I didn't get the serious consequences this would have on our life. Now to be fair, he was very charming. He made me laugh alot. He taught me what it was to love someone no matter what. He helped me grow into a woman. He did have a heart full of love when he chose to let that side of him shine. We proceeded to have 3 children together. And what blessings they were. Our son was the oldest followed by our 2 girls. My husband could be a great dad when he wanted to. He would teach them things. Goof off with them, all of that kind of stuff. Our son was super smart. He loved school!!!! our oldest girl was shy, but very sweet. Her teachers loved her. our youngest was a daredevil (like her father). Very mommy oriented. The last 2 years of our life together as a family, my husband was doing very inapropriate things. He was using behind my back, stealing among other things. Life was getting very hard. He was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Now we had a name for why he was the way he was. This could be good we thought because now he can get help for it. Well thats where it all goes downhill. I'll get into that next post

No comments:

Post a Comment