welcome friends

I'm hoping you will enjoy reading the journey to healing. If one person can get something life changing from my story, then I will be happy.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Still Learning

10/8/11
  
I just wanted to say that how we react to things is mostly a learned behavior. We do and say things based on how we have been conditioned throughout our lives. So I'm still learning how to be in situations that are difficult. My first response can be anger. Then it becomes much more than that. I get very down when I feel things are overwhelming. I have to remember to ask myself what would my wise mind do? Acting in your emotional mind makes things worse. Trying to stay positive in this very negative world is very hard to do. And I lost sight of that for a while. Peace is something we all have to work for. Let's face it it's not a peaceful world we live in. We are all tested on a daily basis. I'm so grateful for this blog. It helps me to get things out. And the feedback I get can be very helpful to me. My two long time friends gave me some good stuff to think about. I'm new at teenagers. So it helped me to hear from someone who has them. I'm not alone!!! I'm laughing now. Because someone close to me said we were in the honeymoon stage. And that it would all change. How right she was. I have to say one thing. We dealt with all of this while my two children were out of the house. So they didn't have to hear any awful conversations or see mommy cry. That in itself was a big change for us. I wanted to protect them. They are sensitive to tension. I think my therapy has been a very good thing. I have received tools I need to handle my life differently. I may have fallen down a bit. But I did use some of those tools to get back up. On that note I have to tend to some much needed house work. Have a great day!!! Remember our whole life is a learning process. There is always room for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment