welcome friends

I'm hoping you will enjoy reading the journey to healing. If one person can get something life changing from my story, then I will be happy.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

my new journey

7/18/11
  
I was in touch with several old friends after the loss of my family. One of which happened to be my current husband. we went to high school together. So I was deeply touched when he called me to offer his condolences. We talked a few different times during the month and a half after the loss. But I had finally come to the decision that I had to leave where I was and go somewhere else. I had to get off drugs and away from the bad influences around me. If I didn't I would be dead or in jail. So I called my long time friend and told her I needed to get away. She offered her home to me and I accepted. So all I had to do now was get my affairs in order to move. I was going from Alabama to Florida. I took a week just to detox. I did this with no help. I had to kick the grip meth had on me. So everyday I would wake up and feel sick. My whole body would tingle. It would start from the top of my head to my feet. It felt like electric shocks. I didn't feel like I could get out of bed. I would push myself to get up and take a shower. I would have to lay down in the bathtub with the shower running because I couldn't stand up. It was a fight everyday. During this time Mike called me ( my husband now). I told him I was moving back to Florida. He wanted to know if I had my trip handled. When he heard I was driving alone, he said no your not let me call you back. When he did he was giving me flight info. This man was so worried about me he was going to fly up and help me drive. I was so excited to see him. You see we had a little something going on between us in high school. So I was amazed he would do this for me. I still didn't know it yet, but we would never be apart from the day he flew in town to help me till now. This amazing man helped to save my life!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment