welcome friends

I'm hoping you will enjoy reading the journey to healing. If one person can get something life changing from my story, then I will be happy.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Good weekend

9/25/11
  
Since my last post I have done a few things for myself. I feel better. On Friday I went out for coffee with my good friend. It was so nice. I was able to be away from all my stresses. I don't go out much, so it was a treat. We sat in a coffee shop in our downtown area. It's historic there so it's nice to go and walk around. After coffee we went to a shop to smell some awesome lotion. We browsed around in there for awhile. It was so much fun. Oh I almost forgot, if anyone watches the vampire diaries our downtown is where it's filmed. So they had the area set up for a shoot. My friend and I decided to go back at night so we could see. It was really cool. I have never been that close to something filming before. Even though we were just standing there it was fun. I felt much better having something different going on in my day. Saturday was mostly the usual. I went for a walk late that night with my dog and my nephew. It was cool outside. The temperatures have been more fall like. It's good to get out of the house. Today I spent time with my wonderful hubby before he had to go to sleep( he is on night shift). I took the dog for a walk already tonight. I went by myself. There was a nice breeze outside. It felt good. I had a nice feeling of peace. It was a good weekend. To those close to me that played a part in that, Thank You!!!!!! I got a good idea from my friend about making a peaceful place for myself somewhere in the house. Maybe put something nice there, like a favorite picture. Maybe something that smells good, like some sort of aroma therapy. Put a calming cd on. Just somewhere that I could take a few minutes and let my senses take over. We talked about how doing that is a good thing. Because we could get our minds to be quiet for a little while. Just focus on the senses. How nice the music is, or how wonderful the scent smells. I thought that sounded really great. So I'm going to work on that. It would be a great way to let some peace into my day. My little boy is turning 7 this week. So I will be trying to plan something for him. It will be a good thing to focus on. So that's it for now. I will post through the week. It was a good weekend. Hope yours was too.

No comments:

Post a Comment