welcome friends

I'm hoping you will enjoy reading the journey to healing. If one person can get something life changing from my story, then I will be happy.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

on a new road

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have had a lot of things going on lately. It turns out it's just life happening. And it's as it should be. it's been almost a year that I have been in treatment for my PTSD. I believe that I have learned very excellent coping skills. With the help of my very wonderful therapist I can do what I need to do. That is to live my life the best I can. I will still have some bumps in the road along the way. Those thoughts and feelings that go along with dealing with a horrible trauma will always be there. I have learned that I can keep going with them there. This blog was a great way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out during my treatment. I'm not done with therapy just yet. I still have some goals to accomplish. We are going to start spacing my appointments out. I will be trying to incorporate helping others into my plan. I survived!!!! I have a life to be happy about. My husband is awesome, my kids are beautiful. I am happy about my family life. Now instead of being alive and hiding from life, I'm learning how to thrive!!! I have learned one of the most difficult lesson life can offer...... we aren't promised anything!! One day in a blink of an eye all you hold dear can be taken away. I'm going to have a 40th birthday this year. And before I get too old to do anything, I have goals to accomplish. I will be putting my focus on other things. So I wanted to take this time to thank all of you who have followed this blog. I have appreciated all the comments. Your support was a source of strength for me as I was feeling my way back to life. This blog was indeed a lifeline for me. It kept me connected. I have discovered the road to healing. I'm on it. I can't wait to see where it will be taking me. As with various things in life, things last for a season. And this blog has had it's season. I have to move forward on to other things. I have so much still to do. So I won't be posting anymore. Please feel free to leave a comment. I will be checking in from time to time. Thank You!!!!  As you all journey through your lives, Don't forget to stop and smell the flowers!!!! That kind of simple act will a long way to refreshing your spirit in times of difficulty.  Lots of Love to All!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you Wendy and i'm so glad for all that you have poured into this blog. As a friend (even as close as we are) it has helped me understand things you never put into words before. I am sooo very excited to see what the future brings you! I love you!!
    ♥ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made such amazing progress in the past year. I hope instead of quitting the blog altogether, you will leave this outlet open for yourself and use it from time to time as you feel the need. <3 --Heather :)

    ReplyDelete